“X Rocks” Revealed: Get To Know The Girls In Las Vegas’ Newest Topless Revue
Last updated: September 5, 2013 at 5:37 pm. Posted by Jeannie Garcia in Las Vegas Casinos, Las Vegas Shows, Rio All-Suites Hotel & Casino. Comments Off on “X Rocks” Revealed: Get To Know The Girls In Las Vegas’ Newest Topless Revue.
Ready for a new kind of wild? Premiering Thursday, August 29th, “X Rocks” at the Rio is about to turn the party up. To get you excited about next week’s debut, we wanted to give you a sneak peek about “X Rocks,” along with fun trivia about the dancers.
For 11 years, husband and wife-team Angela and Matt Stabile produced the popular “X Burlesque” show. With the massive success of “X Burlesque,” the dynamic duo wanted to create a topless show solely dedicated to rock and burlesque.
The show includes songs by artists like Black Sabbath, The Beatles, Metallica, Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators and In This Moment, among others. And what’s a rock show without the matching gear? These outfits are smokin’ hot, right down to the Slash-inspired top hats. Stage props include everything from fire and smoke to a motorcycle. Even an ice cream truck. But don’t worry — this won’t be anything like your childhood memory.
Break out your albums, tapes, CDs and iTunes. It’s the final countdown and it starts….now!
- Years in Vegas: 2
- Specific dance background: Ballet, jazz and contemporary
- Start dancing since: 6 years old, ballet and jazz; 17 years old, professionally.
- Previous dance gigs: “Crazy Horse Paris” formerly at MGM Grand.
- What she loves most about dancing: “You can express yourself and show your personality on stage.”
- Favorite song of the moment: “I like different styles of music. It depends how I feel.”
- Fun fact: “Everybody calls me princess!”
- Years in Vegas: 4
- Specific dance background: Ballet, contemporary, jazz and burlesque
- Start dancing since: 2 years old, ballet – she already had a tutu!
- What she loves most about dancing: “When I dance, I feel free. It’s a passion for me. It’s magical.”
- Favorite song of the moment: will.i.am’s Scream & Shout” featuring Britney Spears. Also a fan of Robin Thicke.
- Fun fact: She’s a bit of a lightweight: “If I drink just one glass, I’m already drunk!”
- Years in Vegas: 2
- Specific dance background: Hip-hop
- Start dancing since: 3 years, professionally
- Previous dance gigs: “Raack N Roll” at The D, “Bite” formerly at Stratosphere.
- What she loves most about dancing: “I love entertaining an audience, giving a lasting impression. I feel passionate when I do it, I have fun. It’s an outlet for me, creative wise.”
- Favorite song of the moment: Every song on Daft Punk’s newest album, “Random Access Memories.”
- Fun fact: Besides taking the stage by storm, she’s also an astrologer.
- Years in Vegas: 8
- Specific dance background: College degree in dance education
- Start dancing since: 5 years old – she practically grew up in a dance studio.
- Previous dance gigs: “Show in the Sky” formerly at the Rio; “Ignite” formerly at Greek Isles; and “Marshall Sylver Real Hypnosis, Really Funny” formerly at Planet Hollywood.
- What she loves most about dancing: “Just being able to express myself and sharing that with the audience.”
- Favorite song of the moment: Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines” featuring T.I. and Pharrell, as well as Ciara’s “Body Party.”
- Fun fact: “I’m Asian and I don’t like sushi. And I love to play penny slots. Know what I’m sayin’!”
- Years in Vegas: 7
- Specific dance background: Ballet
- Start dancing since: 13 years old
- Previous dance gigs: “Show in the Sky” formerly at the Rio; “Shades of Temptation” formerly at NY-NY; “Crazy Girls” at Riviera; and “Bite” formerly at Stratosphere. In “Bite,” Jessica was actually the queen vampire!
- What she loves most about dancing: “Dancing for me was a way for me to get away. So when I’m performing, I don’t have to be myself and I just let go of everything.”
- Favorite song of the moment: Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines.”
- Fun fact: She likes to live on the wild side – Jessica’s a huge fan of skydiving.
With “X Rock’s” intimate venue (complete with an all new stage, lighting, sound and video effects), you’ll be sure to catch all the action. You won’t miss a dang thing.