Hoops on the Strip: March Mayhem is upon us
Last updated: February 23, 2017 at 12:10 pm. Posted by Jeannie Garcia in Las Vegas Bars, Las Vegas Hotels, Things to Do in Las Vegas. No Comments on Hoops on the Strip: March Mayhem is upon us.
Take a break from working on your jump shot and head to Las Vegas for our annual Hoops on the Strip. We have the lowdown on where to score the best seat during the 2017 college basketball championships.
Whether you’re flying solo or taking all your buddies, you can enjoy food and drink specials while rooting for your team. If you’re trying to narrow down where to watch basketball in Las Vegas, the Strip offers everything from outdoor patio seating, viewing parties in massive ballrooms transformed into man caves, as well as more intimate spots like lounges and bars.
We got you covered, but make sure to keep up with our Hoops on the Strip specials. Don’t let these specials fade away (yes, we went there!).
Hoops on the Strip
Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, Flamingo Las Vegas and Caesars Palace are bringing the action in this year’s Hoops on the Strip. Each location one will have an open bar with Miller Lite and Coors Light, an all-you-can-eat “Time Out” buffet, giveaways (given by Miller Lite and Coors Light models, oww) and conveniently located betting stations. Check out which one is right for you:
- Flamingo: $149 per person (March 16 – 18), located in the Sunset ballroom. This 28,882-square-foot ballroom has floor-to-ceiling windows with views of the Las Vegas Strip. Buy your Flamingo Hoops on the Strip tickets now.
- Caesars Palace: $199 per person (March 16 and 17). Located in the Palace ballroom. Buy your Caesars Palace Hoops on the Strip tickets now.
- Planet Hollywood: $149 per person (March 16 – 19), located on the mezzanine level (The Mezz). Buy your Planet Hollywood Hoops on the Strip tickets now
Planet Hollywood also offers a special Man Cave package for groups between nine to 12 guests. You’ll stay in an exclusive living room area at the London Club space on The Mezz, It includes a private high-end buffet, open premium bar, private TVs, pool table, foosball and beer pong tables and a VIP sports betting station. Prices range from $2,875 per day for nine people to $5,750 for 12 people. Call (702) 185-5838 to reserve.
In addition to its Hoops on the Strip event inside the Palace ballroom, Caesars Palace offers events across its property. Don’t miss out on the action:
Race and Sports Book
Talk about watching sports in style — Caesars Palace’s 140-seat race and sports book is both elegant and huge. It’s currently the largest of its kind on the Strip. It also has a few impressive stats of its own:
- One 143-foot LED video wall capable of 96 different screen configurations (the largest on the Strip)
- One 20-by-50-feet LED board
- Six oversized 12 feet-by-15-feet screens
- 12 50-inch plasma screens
- A 12-inch flat-screen at each table
There are also four different sound zones. The sports book also provides “Listen Technology” access so you can easily stream sound from the video wall to iPhone or Android. The comfortable seating is also a plus. Pair your viewing enjoyment with one of these packages:
- Three drink package: Includes three drink tickets and a comfortable leather floor level seat (9 a.m. – 9 p.m.)
- Morning session: Includes two drink tickets and a comfortable leather floor level seat (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Afternoon session: Includes two drink tickets and a comfortable leather floor level seat (3 p.m. – 9 p.m.)
- VIP upper level seating beverage package: If you want to show off your baller status, look no further. Enjoy the all-inclusive beverage package while watching wall-to-wall games in the VIP area. The package also includes individual rotating leather chairs and exclusive access to the area’s premium sports betting line.
Reserve your Caesars Palace Race and Sports Book spot before it’s gone. Package rates do not include 18 percent gratuity the day of the event.
You won’t miss any of the action at Alto Bar. It’s only a few steps away from Caesars Palace’s bustling race and sports book. And depending on where you sit, you can also people-watch from the casino. Alto is the resort’s largest bar and has several booths with personal TV and sound. The bar has 15 TVs to watch from, so there really isn’t a bad seat in the house. All you have to bring is your team spirit.
Reserve living room seating, which comfortably accommodates up to five guests. This package also includes two buckets of ice cold beer. Grab your Alto Bar seat now.
Montecristo Cigar Bar
Have your hoops and cigars, too: Montecristo Cigar Bar is the spot to kick back, enjoy a cigar, sip your favorite drink and puff on the finest cigars. Montecristo’s Library has wall-to-wall video screens, while the courtyard has more of a relaxed vibe.Take a look at these packages:
- Library VIP seating: Includes two chairs and one table with access to two flat-screen TVs and the video wall. Reservations are $150 and include a bucket of domestic beer.
- Library Sectionals: Include a large sectional couch with access to two flat screens and the video wall. Seats two to three guests. Reservations are $250 and include one bucket of domestic beer.
- Luxury Library Living Rooms: Located right in front of the video wall, this seating includes a sumptuous leather couch with two oversize leather arm chairs with two tables. These areas seat four to five guests comfortably and include two buckets of domestic beer. Reservations are $500 per living room.
- Courtyard VIP Sectional Seating: Located in a more private area of the lounge, seating includes a combination of couches and chairs with access to the two large flat screens. Areas will comfortably seat four to six guests. Reservations are $500 and include two buckets of domestic beer.
- Courtyard Man Cave: Located in the unique courtyard area of Montecristo, the Man Cave features four oversize chairs and a table with a large flat screen TV located directly in front of you. This area comfortably seats four guests. Reservations are $500 and include two buckets of domestic beer.
No matter the fate of your team, you’re already a champ for hanging out here. Check out more packages and buy your Montecristo Cigar Bar tickets now. You can also call (702) 731-7788. Either way, it’s a slam dunk, baby!
Summer, summer, summertime… well, not quite yet. But we’re getting there and you can always get a head start with some fun in the sun. Beginning Thursday, March 16, watch March Madness poolside at the Flamingo’s GO POOL. Starting at $500, you can rent a poolside cabana and get the best of both worlds. Enjoy the party atmosphere while watching all the college basketball games. All cabanas come with a select bottle of vodka, a 55-inch HDTV, L-shaped couch, two lounge chairs, a misting fan to stay cool and your own cabana server and host.
Add a little flair to your college basketball viewing? These are just a few of the activities you can experience at The LINQ Hotel & Casino:
Tag sports bar
TAG Sports Bar at The LINQ hotel offers premium seating, 16-ounce Miller and Coors beer bucket, $25 food credit at Nook Cafe and a live betting kiosk on site. Other specials include:
- Shot specials
- 200-plus craft beers
- Half-time trivia
- Stress relief massage girls
- Stadium-style food menus
- Raffles to win dinner at Guy Fieri’s Vegas Kitchen & Bar, bottle service at the pool and free buckets of beer
Looking for some fun in the sun at The LINQ pool? Man Cave cabanas are available for parties up to 12. Or, hang out at The LINQ Clubhouse, complete with eight big screen TVs, shuffle board and pool tables for up to 30 people. The view is sweet too — the club house overlooks The LINQ Promenade from its private patio. The LINQ Clubhouse offers premium seating, 16-ounce Miller and Coors beer buckets and $25 food credit to Nook Cafe.
The Tilted Kilt at the linq promenade
Tilted Kilt has more than 40 HD big screen TVs in the pub, making it virtually impossible for you to miss any plays. Enjoy drink specials like $7 premium liquor shots (Fireball, Jameson and Patron). If you get the munchies, this Irish-themed bar has everything from shepherd’s pie to barbecue pulled pork sandwiches. Plus, the gorgeous Titled Kilt girls are easy on the eyes.
Virgil’s Real Barbecue
This favorite barbecue joint has an all-day drinking package for $150 (plus tax and tip) for all you basketball fanatics. Virgil’s Real Barbecue has multiple big-screen TVs and an a la carte menu offering barbecue from the Southern regions. Doors open 30 minutes before each game.
Paris Las Vegas
What could be more perfect than enjoying the outdoors and sipping your favorite brewski, all while cheering for your college basketball team? Beer Park hosts its Tournament Madness viewing party from Tuesday, March 14 to Monday, April 3.
Beer Park offers multiple high-definition TVs throughout the venue, so you won’t miss a beat. While you’re here, choose from a full menu of 100-plus beer selections and signature food items like the Shock Top Bratwurst and the BBQ burger made with Goose Island candied bacon.
Individual seating is $150 and starts at 9 a.m. Packages go from individual tickets to eight-person packages. Buy your Beer Park tickets now.
P.S.: Interested in live betting? Beer Park has an in-house sports book kiosk that has all the capabilities of a full-sized sports book. This saves you a trip back inside the hotel.
PBR Rock Bar
Saddle up: Located inside Planet Hollywood’s Miracle Mile Shops, PBR Rock Bar is a fun and festive way to watch the game from either the bar or one of the Strip-side picnic tables.
The party kicks off Tuesday, March 14 through Sunday, April 3. Half-day morning packages are available from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Afternoon half-day packages are from 4 p.m. – midnight. Half-day packages include open bar and priced at $125. Full day packages are $200 includes a premium open bar and a guaranteed seat. Buy your tickets at PBR Rock Bar now.
Staying late? Take advantage of PBR Rock Bar’s late night happy hour (midnight to 2 a.m., Sunday to Thursday). Enjoy $5 and $7 small bites and two-for-one draft beer or well drinks.
If you’re hungry, dive into the Doritos crusted mac ‘n cheese for $5.95. You can also play 2-for-1 beer pong from 11 am. – 9 p.m. (Beer pitchers are $22 each.) Or for just $35, your table can share a 100-ounce personal beer tower. First one to get tipsy has to ride the mechanical bull (kidding… or are we?).
Harrah’s Las Vegas
Head to the sports book, which will be divided into an afternoon and evening session. Each session comes with a bucket of five Miller Lite and Coors Lite beers (per person). Guests can buy the wristbands from bartender the day of the event. Cost are as follows:
- Single chair: $75
- Booth seating (seats five): $375 per person
- Bench seat (seats three); $225 per person
- Reserved railing seats for one: $50
Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill and signature bar specials:
- Bucket of 5 Miller Lite / Coors Lite: $29
- Absolute Bloody Mary’s: $12
- Absolute and Red Bull: $14
- El Jimador Bloody Maria’s: $10
- Crown Royal “You Call it’s”: $12
- Crown Royal Apple shots: $8
- Food specials (at Toby Keith’s)
Other Las Vegas Sports Books and bars
Don’t miss the action at any of these popular Las Vegas bars and sports book areas:
- The Playing Field at Planet Hollywood
- Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas at The LINQ Promenade
- The race and sports book inside Rio All-Suites Hotel & Casino